Malaysia Stock Market:
- The FBM KLCI index lost 1.49 points or 0.09% on Monday. The Finance Index increased 0.09% to14458.66 points, the Properties Index up 0.42% to 1197.99 points and the Plantation Index down 0.26% to 7786.66 points. The market traded within a range of 7.48 points between an intra-day high of 1685.18 and a low of 1677.70 during the session.
- Actively traded stocks include AAX, BORNOIL, VIVOCOM, DNEX, THHEAVY, IRIS, ARMADA, DNEX-WD, PERISAI and VIVOCOM-WB. Trading volume decreased to 1486.82 mil shares worth RM1432.32 mil as compared to Friday’s 1492.04 mil shares worth RM1395.74 mil.
- Leading Movers were CIMB (+10 sen to RM4.80), GENM (+5 sen to RM4.45), TM (+5 sen to RM6.88), HLFG (+10 sen to RM16.10) and RHBBANK (+3 sen to RM4.93).
- Lagging Movers were ASTRO (-4 sen to RM2.88), MAYBANK (-10 sen to RM7.90), BAT (-62 sen to RM49.76), TENAGA (-12 sen to RM14.78) and MAXIS (-5 sen to RM6.33). Market breadth was negative with 314 gainers as compared to 513 losers.
- The KLCI started the week with a negative note, closed lower at 1681.60 points amid weaker performance in Wall Street on last Friday after Federal Reserve officials fueled bets that the U.S. central bank may lift interest rates as soon as next month.
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CHINWEL ABOVE 1.730 TGT 1.800 1.850 SL 1.645.