Bursa highlights on March 25 :
- Oil and gas heavyweight SapuraKencana Petroleum Bhd posted net losses of RM1.28bil in the latest fourth quarter ended Jan 31, 2016, pushing FY16 into the red, on impairments. The net losses were in stark contrast with earnings of RM129.13mil a year ago.
- Mass Rapid Transit Corp Sdn Bhd has awarded the first viaduct work package for the MRT Sungai Buloh-Serdang-Putrajaya (SSP) Line, valued at RM1.44bil, toAhmad Zaki Resources Bhd’s unit.
- Public Bank Bhd has received the 100% foreign-owned bank licence from the State Bank of Vietnam and will rename its existing joint-venture bank as Public Bank Vietnam Ltd.
- Affin Holdings Bhd has received Bank Negara’s nod to negotiate to boost its stake in AXA Affin General Insurance Bhd (AAGI), in which it currently holds 34.51% equity interest.
- Special purpose acquisition company Sona Petroleum Bhd has proposed a capital repayment of RM80mil assuming none of the shareholders at the March 30 EGM blocks its US$25mil purchase of Stag Oilfield in Australia.
- Electronic manufacturing services provider EG Industries Bhd plans to list its Thai unit, SMT Industries Co Ltd, on the the Stock Exchange of Thailand’s Market for Alternative Investment (Mai).
- Integrated engineering solutions provider Destini Bhd has secured a RM16mil contract to supply up to eight units of self-propelled hyperbaric lifeboat to Singapore-based Ultra Deep Solutions Pte Ltd.
- A consortium that includes RGB International Bhd’s unit RGB (Macau) Ltd has been shortlisted to bid for a 50-year concession to operate a casino hotel in central Laos.
- Turiya Bhd and Chase Perdana Sdn Bhd are suing US-based Johns Hopkins University and its medical education unit Johns Hopkins Medicine International LLC over their 2014 pull-out from a project to set up a medical university and manage a medical degree programme.