MARKET UPDATES :
- The FBM KLCI index gained 13.62 points or 0.82% on Friday. The Finance Index increased 0.60% to 14252.12 points, the Properties Index dropped 0.69% to 1160.19 points and the Plantation Index rose 0.11% to 7531.31 points. The market traded within a range of 9.00 points between an intra-day high of 1668.40 and a low of 1659.40 during the session.
- Actively traded stocks include BORNOIL, AAX-WA, HIAPTEK, AAX, NEXGRAM, VIVOCOM, BORNOIL -WC, DRBHCOMC20, TRIVE and XOX. Trading volume increased to 1890.38 mil shares worth RM1916.84 mil as compared to Thursday’s 1579.86 mil shares worth RM1893.45 mil.
- Leading Movers were AXIATA (+22 sen to RM5.70), GENTING (+22 sen to RM8.76), MAYBANK (+15 sen to RM8.17), GENM (+7 sen to RM4.49) and SKPETRO (+2 sen to RM1.46). Lagging Movers were KLCC (-4 sen to RM7.56), RHBBANK (-2 sen to RM5.13), PBBANK (-2 sen to RM19.42), BAT (-4 sen to RM54.16) and WPRTS (-0 sen to RM4.29). Market breadth was positive with 476 gainers as compared to 310 losers.
- The KLCI jumped and closed higher at 1668.40 points amid overnight gains in US market after England’s central bank hinted at looser monetary policy next month. The performance of our local bourse was supported by lower OPR and speculation of looser global monetary policies..
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY AMEDIA ABOVE 0.140 TGT 0.155 0.165 SL 0.130