Malaysia Stock Market:
- The FBM KLCI index lost 4.94 points or 0.29% on Friday. The Finance Index fell 0.36% to 14511.25 points, the Properties Index dropped 0.30% to 1205.32 points and the Plantation Index rose 0.06% to 7888.52 points. The market traded within a range of 8.49 points between an intra-day high of 1691.12 and a low of 1682.63 during the session.
- Actively traded stocks include DNEX-WD, XDL, DNEX, CONNECT-PA, DNONCE, THHEAVY, VIVOCOM, YKGI-WB, CENTURY and VIVOCOM-WB. Trading volume decreased to 1342.71 mil shares worth RM1364.03 mil as compared to Thursday’s 1693.32 mil shares worth RM1577.44 mil.
- Leading Movers were SKPETRO (+1 sen to RM1.62), YTL (+1 sen to RM1.73), AXIATA (+3 sen to RM5.65), IOICORP (+2 sen to RM4.50) and HLFG (+6 sen to RM15.70). Lagging Movers were GENTING (-19 sen to RM7.94), RHBBANK (-7 sen to RM4.98), ASTRO (-3 sen to RM2.90), TENAGA (-12 sen to RM14.44) and BAT (-34 sen to RM50.58). Market breadth was negative with 324 gainers as compared to 401 losers.
- The KLCI ended the week with a negative note, closed lower at 1686.44 points amid overnight losses in Wall Street. Investors were taking profit amid absence of fresh positive leads.
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY MEXTER ABOVE 0.290 TGT 0.305 0.350 SL 0.275.